Tuesday, September 16

I.D.I.O.M.S PART I

Absence Makes the heart grow fonder I missed my dad, my bro, my darling ...

- being away from someone makes you like him or her even more

Actions speak louder than words, my darling keeps telling me he will be back soon ...

- what you do is more important than what you say

All good things must come to an end, I m now working after 4months of long break

- an enjoyable experience ends

All's well that ends well, although its not a desirable job, but still its a job!

- if things are good in the end then we should be satisfied (from Shakespeare's play All's Well That Ends Well)

All roads lead to Rome ...i wish to excel in a my job in many possible ways

- the same end or goal may be reached by many different ways

I have learned that - All that glitters is not gold, hence i will not invest in gadgets for now

- many things that look attractive and valuable actually have no value at all

I always believe we should always have a fair bit of time to enjoy ourselves even at work 'cos - All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

- it is not healthy to spend all of your time working and never relaxing or playing

*idioms adapted from The Idiom Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banana peeling ...

CLICK ME

Custom Search

Trees I've Swung